Don’t Panic! Here’s How You Can Escape From a Stranded Elevator
When I think about being stranded in an elevator, I immediately get a tiny panic attack. Even though I know that this is just a thought, and that I am not currently in an elevator, but safe behind my computer, I still cannot help myself but to feel scared and anxious.
Perhaps this has something to do with being stranded in an elevator as a kid, or it has everything to do with being claustrophobic, but I know that I’m definitely not the only one out there who feels this way about elevators.
In order to overcome your feelings are panic and anxiety when thinking about the elevators, you should probably now how to behave if you ever end up stranded in an elevator by yourself, or surrounded by strangers.
Here is what you should do if you find yourself in such situation.
- The first thing you should do is try to remain as calm as you can be. You can also try breathing profoundly in order to keep your emotions and reactions in control. Remember not to panic (even though the sea is easier said than done).
- Once you are calm, cool and collected, you should do something which will get you in the direction of the getting out of that stranded elevator. Therefore you should find the call button and use it to call the technician. This will all let the technician know that there are people in the elevator, and they will soon come to your rescue.
Click here to learn more
- If you happen to have your phone with you, you should use is to call for help. Even if you don’t have your phone with you, perhaps someone who is with you in the elevator has. Hopefully, you will reach someone who will be able to get you out.
- If you get stranded in an elevator you can also try to get out from it by pressing door open button. If it is safe to get out once the door is open, you should get out from the elevator. If however you decide that it is not safe to get out, or that you are stuck between two floors, you should still wait for help.
- Sometimes you can jumpstart the elevator just by pressing a button to take you to a floor below. So it might be wise to try out this strategy.
- If you want passersby to notice that you are stranded in an elevator you should yell and scream in orders to get to their attention. When the neighbors hear you and they will immediately send for help, and you will soon be rescued from the stranded elevator.
- The worst thing you can do when you are stranded in an elevator is to panic. Instead you should wait for help patiently, perhaps even chitchat with other people who are stuck with you in the elevator.